Acne can occur at all ages, and in varying degrees of severity. Dr. Victor is a specialist in treating all age groups and levels of acne, using several effective treatment methods that result in clearer skin. Whether you experience relentless breakouts or have an occasional blemish, Dr. Victor can help you improve the appearance of your skin, prevent future breakouts from occurring, and help ease the frustration and emotional distress that can be associated with acne. For information about the treatment of acne scarring, check out our Scar Revision services.
To treat acne, Dr. Victor addresses 3 main factors: reducing oil production, preventing new blemishes from developing, and reducing inflammation to treat current symptoms. This can be accomplished through a customized treatment plan that may include topical treatments, antibiotics, isotretinoin (Accutane) or oral contraceptives. These methods can take up to six to eight weeks before optimal results are visible, so Dr. Victor will often use a customized chemical peel or laser treatment to shorten the healing time and give you a jumpstart on having smoother, blemish-free skin.
For patients that suffer from moderate to severe and sustained deep tissue acne, cortisone injections can be an appropriate treatment for fast and effective relief. Cortisone is a naturally occurring chemical that counters inflammation, and can be used to aid in the healing of mild acne blemishes to severe acne cysts and nodules. Because cortisone occurs naturally in the human body, there is almost no risk for allergic reaction. Dr. Victor has been using this treatment to help models, actresses and socialites fight blemishes for over 2 decades with fantastic results.
- Dr. Victor evaluates the patient’s skin
- A custom treatment plan is developed based on factors such as skin type and severity of acne
- Sustained treatment, such as topical creams, may be prescribed
- Dr. Victor also offers personalized prescription creams, created in an on-site lab while you wait, that are formulated to your specific needs and skin type
- Treatments such as chemical peels, laser treatments or cortisone injections are then prescribed and given
- Cortisone injections can be somewhat painful because they are injected directly into the affected area. Dr. Victor can provide the patient a local anesthetic to numb the skin for a short period of time.
- Isotretinoin (Accutane) may be prescribed for moderate to severe cases of acne that do not respond to other treatment methods